How to Secure a Marriage License?
1. Registration of application for marriage license shall be made in the Office of the Municipal Civil
2. Both contracting parties must be of legal age (18 years old and above).
3. Both contracting parties should present original copy of birth certificate or baptismal certificate.
4. The contracting parties should present residence certificate.
5. The contracting parties shall file separately a sworn application for such license with the proper
a. Full name of the contracting parties
b. Place of Birth of the contracting parties
c. Age and date of birth of the contracting parties
d. Civil status of the contracting parties
e. If previously married, how, when and where the previous marriage was dissolved or
f. Present residence and citizenship of the contracting parties
g. Degree of relationship of the contracting parties
h. Full name, residence and citizenship of the father of both contracting parties
i. Full name, residence and citizenship of the mother of both contracting parties
j. Full name. residence and citizenship of the guardian or person having charge, in
case the contracting party has neither father nor mother and in under the age
7. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one to twenty-five shall obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon intended marriage. Such advice must be manifested in writing by the parents or guardian and affix their signature and personally appear before the proper Municipal Civil Registrar.
8. The Municipal Civil Registrar shall prepare a notice which shall contain the full names and residence of the applicants for marriage license and other data given in the applications. The notice of marriage shall be posted for ten (10) consecutive days on a bulletin board outside the Office of the Municipal Civil Registrar located in a place within the building that is accessible to the general public.
9. The contracting parties shall undergo a one (1) day Pre-Marriage Counseling Seminar conducted by a marriage counselor duly accredited by the proper government agency.
10. If one of the contracting parties cannot comply the needed document such as birth certificates or baptismal certificates, affidavit of consent or advice upon intended marriage and the Pre-Marriage Counseling Seminar, the marriage license shall not be issued for a period of three (3) months from a completion of the publication of the application.
11. After complying the needed documents such as birth certificates or baptismal certificates, affidavit of consent or advice upon intended marriage and the Pre-Marriage Counseling Seminar, the Municipal Civil Registrar shall issued the marriage license.