Reglementary Period and Place of Registration

    In ordinary marriage, the time for submission of the certificate of Marriage is within fifteen (15) days following the solemnization of marriage while in marriage exempt from license requirement, the prescribed period is thirty (30) days, at the place where the marriage was solemnized.

Delayed Registration of Marriage

    In delayed registration of marriage, the solemnizing officer or the person reporting or presenting the marriage certificate for registration shall be required to execute and file an affidavit in support thereof, stating the exact place and date of marriage, the facts and circumstances sorrounding the marriage and the reason or cause of the delay.

    The submission of the application for marriage license bearing the date when the marriage license was issued except for marriage exempt from marriage license shall be required. Where the original or duplicate copy of the certificate of marriage could not be presented either because it was burned, lost or destroyed, a certification issued in lieu thereof, by the church or solemnizing  officer indicating date of said marriage based on their record or log book shall be sufficient proof of marriage and the civil registrar may accept the same for registration.

    In case of doubt, the civil registrar may verify the authenticity of the marriage certification by checking from the church record / log book and the solemnizing officer who performed the marriage and the church official who issued the certification.

Registration of Application for Marriage License

Reglementary Period and Place of Registration Â

(1) where a marriage license is required each of the contracting parties shall file separately a sworn application for such license with the proper Local Civil Registrar which shall specify the following:
If previously married, how, when and where the previous marriage was dissolved or annulled;
Requisites of Application for Marriage License

    Original Copies of birth certificates of both contracting parties or default thereof their baptismal certificates.

    In case either of the contracting parties has been previously married, the applicant shall be required to furnish, instead of the birth or baptismal certificates, the death certificate of the deceased spouse or the judicial decree of the absolute divorce, or the judicial decree of annulment or declaration of nullity of his or her previous marriage, its case the death certificate cannot be secured, the party shall make an affidavit setting forth this circumstance and his or her actual civil status and the name and date death of the deceased spouse.

    In case either or both of the contracting parties not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21) they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding number exhibit to the Local Civil Registrar, the consent to their marriage of their or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local Civil Registrar; or in the form of an affidavit in order in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by the law to administer oaths.

    Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one (21) and twenty-five (25) shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application thereof. A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been ought, together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license should the parents or guardian refuse and  give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

    When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license can be obtained, to submit a Certificate of Legal Capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular  officials.

Certifications Issued by the Civil Registry Office



1. Certification of Marriage Available (Mun-Form No. 3A) Php 50.00 
2. Certification of Marriage Not Available (Mun-Form No. 3B) Php 50.00 
Certification of Marriage Destroyed (Mun-Form No. 3C)
Php 50.00
Certification of Application for Marriage License (Form No. 4A)
Php 50.00
Certification of Application for Marriage License Not Available (Form No. 4B)
Php 50.00
Certification of Application for Marriage License Destroyed (Form No. 4C)
Php 50.00

Marriage Application Fee Php 150.00
License Fee
Php 52.00